Because some summers, it just rains and rains.
This mixtape was carefully constructed to convey something I’ve felt at the end of certain summers past: the heat of the sun can be cold comfort by those miserable last few weeks in August when you realize you’ve missed it. You’ve missed everything you felt so much optimism for back in May. But you never went camping, or to the beach, or anywhere really, at all.
These songs will hopefully walk you through that melancholic summer from hopeful beginning to the dread that hits you in September when you realize that the sunlight and the heat and the bright blue sky have served as nothing more than a backdrop for your own failure to live.
- Blue Sky Black Death – Where the Sun Beats
- The Ascent of Everest – Dark, Dark My Light
- Antarctic – Hey Kids!
- Austra – The Noise
- The Antlers – Corsicana
- Overcasters – The Tide
- The End of the Ocean – Southern Skies
- Ramesh Srivastava – Romeo (Void)
- Guillemots – I Don’t Feel Amazing Now
- Tides from Nebula – Siberia
- Maybeshewill – Red Paper Lanterns
- Sungrazer – Mountain Dusk